Friday, February 11, 2011

Not easy Exercising and sticking to reasonable diet when on your own

One of the things about living on your own and all the people you are close to live a quite far away, is that it can be hard some days to make sure you get your exercise in and stop yourself from over doing the wrong food..
As I don’t feel comfortable going to gyms, that leaves lots of walking (luckily I am so far sticking to that, gets you away from the office at lunch anyway), then the idea is when I get home get on the cross trainer, the Wii Sport, plus other things you can do in your own home.   
But some days you get in after a long day, then one look at the cross trainer or the Wii step and you just seem to lose your energy.  There’s no-one but yourself to give you that little encouragement that may be needed that day (or a good bitch slapping if required).
With keeping to a reasonable diet can also be a trial, you are driving home then you remember you haven’t been shopping so the cupboard is bare; the temptation is then to think
So then it’s
 “By the time I have shopped, got home and cooked something it will be getting late”

“Do I just pop into the chippy to save the hassle?”

I think that’s part of the reason I am not your regular sized bloke, let’s just say for quite a while I had not been that good…

So far I have looked the other way,  

           “Get thee behind me Satan”.
Not always easy I can tell you, especially after you done a really long walk and you’re hungry (if walking at Blyth the chippy is next to the car park).
This evening as the weekend drawers near, I have this bloody craving for a Pizza and garlic bread…
But fear not dear reader, none shall pass my lips tonight.
God knows what I will have as I forgot to go shopping last night, but I promise I will try to be good...

No comments:

Post a Comment