Friday, March 18, 2011

Annapurna Trek - Part one - 24 hour Journey

17th March

Up and out early this monring, arrived at the Airport in plent of time for the flight, unfortunatley we relialised we where a day early.  So back home again, good practice run I suppose..


18th March

Well Back at the Airport again, this time the right day.  Had my first go at giving Airport Security a fright, as they now use those body xray scanners that see through your clothes.

Settled on the plane, leg room fairly ok etc..  10 minutes into the flight, I looked at the live flight information and realised at that very moment we where at the height which we will be at when we go through the pass, though I don't think I will be walking at that speed (going to take us about 10 days hard treking before we get to that height).

Well Dad is flaked out and I think I will check out what movies they have on offer.




Just had breakfast and it was pretty good and you got quite a lot.

Dad decided to watch a movie but his headphones don't work, we asked for another pair and bugger me they were broke as well.

About halfway to Doha now and have realised we are now flying near some the most dangerous areas of the Middle East at the moment, all those people that could be being killed right now belwo us makes me feel quite sad.



Finally landed in Doham had all our gear xrayed again but this time no body scan, so no scaring the security this time.  The Airport is not huge but a reasonable size, we have looked around the Duty Free as you do then sat down with a drink to watch this part of the world go by.

As we knew we where going to have a 14 hour wait at Doha before we catch the flight to Kathmandu, we booked ourselves in for a 6 hour block in the ORYX Lounge.  Free food & drink, comfy chairs to sit on, free internet, also a shower you can use.  The nice guy at the desk felt sorry for us and gave us 7 hours instead of six, what a vary nice man.  We are enjoying these little triangle cut sarnies and the lovley cakes, this will be the last time for nearly 3 weeks I am going to have it so good.



It's about 1:30am Doha time and I am not really tired, Dad is zonked out on a chair next to me.  I think I will go and type all this up onto my Blogg on one of the free Internet PCs, also means If my Dad starts snoring his head off, I don't dont have to look sheepish at the other people in the lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment