Friday, February 4, 2011

Countdown has begun

Well about 7 weeks left till I start walking on the Annapurna Circuit, most of the gear has been bought and tested. 

I even managed to find a down jacket that fit me in the end, of all places a Harley Davison Bike shop.

Trying to get in some  mileage everyday and much longer ones at the weekends.  On the plus side I am losing weight but on the minuse side, I am going to have to add a new hole for my belt as my pants nearly dropped in the middle of a park...

Still in my head are those thoughts:
  • "Will I make it all the way around?"
  • "Will the Altitude be too much for me?"
  • "Oh I hope I dont get the runs!"
  • "I wonder what the food will be like"
  • "Three weeks with my Dad, if I survive this I can do anything"

This weekend will be really trying the mileage as I do part of Offas Dyke Path, passing Jubilee tower in the middle.   Lets hope the weather is not like 3 weeks ago up there, side on speeding rain is no picnic I can tell you..

Reaching Jubilee Tower on the Offas Dyke Path in January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment