Monday, February 7, 2011

Its not just women that get emotional shopping

As we still have the odd bits and bobs to get for our Nepal trek, my Parentals and I thought we’d pop to a few outdoor clothing stores, especially as they had sales on (and of course stop for a cup of tea every so often).

After spending the usual fun time trying on gloves and hats, my dad went to look at the trousers.   I followed behind thinking “one of these days they will make this stuff in real man sizes”.

treking ninja

Even my nephew likes to get in on the act

 













While my dad looked at this and that plus found new ways to wind up my step-mum, I spotted a pair of water proof trousers with elasticated waist that I thought may fit the more than average size waist.  So I thought I may as well try them on, as it was busy I thought it best to use the changing room (didn’t want to set everyone off with my sexy legs).   After slipping them on I found I had quite a lot of room at the waist so I thought “I wonder how close I am to be able to fit in a pair of Craghoppers?”, slowly I stepped into them, pulling it together to see how many feet I need to close them.

“Hey wait a minute the button reaches the hole and it goes in without straining”
“Wow the zip shuts all the way as well”

To my amazement I must have shrunk in the wash after getting soaked on the Saturday during our walk.  

The strange emotions I then felt, all I can say if I’d been a lass I would probably blubed my eyes out. (but as I am a bloke that ain't going to happen)

On the plus side I am now starting to be able to get the gear I want straight off the shelf.
On the minus side my current stuff is starting to get too big and I will have to spend money to replace them.  (As I was born in Yorkshire so that’s a terrify thought)


On a side note: after buying my new Craghoppers that fitted me, I find my Dad is over at the rucksack section advising people on what type is best for them (anyone who knows him knows what he is like), one of these days I am going to ask the shop for my Dads staff discount… 



2 comments:

  1. Haha, that does sound like Dad. Brilliant.

    I can't believe a sibling of mine is horrified at the thought of having to o shopping for new clothes. Need a personal shopper?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wouldnt be so bad if not just been shelling out loads to pay off the holiday and flight... plus buying bits and bobs we will need or want...

    ReplyDelete